Green light for £120 million Fletton Quays regeneration
Peterborough City Council’s Planning Committee today approved an outline planning application to regenerate 20 acres of derelict brownfield land at the Fletton Quays site in the centre of Peterborough.
The planning application was submitted by Peterborough Investment Partnership (PIP) which is a joint venture by Lucent Strategic Land Fund and Peterborough City Council. PIP aims to help support the sustained growth and development of local communities across Peterborough by creating new jobs, retail, housing and leisure facilities.
The long-awaited scheme will help to bring the river front to life and has been designed to make the most of the outstanding views across the river towards the cathedral. It will include:
- 280 high-quality apartments, providing bespoke city centre living opportunities and introducing a new community in the heart of the development
- Up to 160 bed hotel
- Restaurant, leisure and retail facilities
- 166,000 square feet of prime office accommodation
- New and improved cycle and pedestrian links along the south bank
- The creation of public spaces which will help to establish a new neighbourhood in this part of the city
- A dedicated wildlife area
- Refurbished Grade II Listed railway sheds, bringing these important heritage assets back to life. The iconic Mitchell bas relief will also be returned to public display by incorporating it into western elevation of the car park.
Pram Nayak, Joint Managing Partner of Peterborough Investment Partnership said, “We are delighted that the scheme has got the go-ahead. This is an important milestone for the redevelopment of the site. Our plans will deliver contemporary city living, new business space and fantastic leisure options at the same time as respecting the site’s important heritage. We’re grateful to everyone who has played a role in getting the project off the ground and for all the support that we’ve received for our proposals.”
Leader of the Council, John Holdich OBE, also welcomed the news “This is great news for Peterborough. We continue to be one of the UK’s fastest growing cities and the Fletton Quays development will provide further new investment, job opportunities and growth as well as transforming this derelict site.”Back to News