We want you to be a part of Peterborough’s prosperity. We’re home to an evolving and dynamic economy of nearly 6,000 companies and a hot spot for business start-ups with a net increase of 32% during Q1 2015 and record numbers of start-up businesses predicted for 2016.
What makes us so good for business? We have representatives of every industry in our city with five key clusters driving our economy. This means we’re not reliant on a single sector and at 83%, we have a higher proportion of private sector businesses compared to the national average of 77% – giving us greater resilience against public sector fluctuations.
Did You Know?
- We operate a supportive and influential business network – the Bondholder Scheme
- Our businesses have created nearly 7,000 jobs in the last three years
- Information and Communication sectors have generated the highest recent employee growth
- Our evening economy is set to boom with more city centre apartments in development
- Our diverse population means we have many multi-lingual residents able to support international business